Monday, January 24, 2011

Pull A U

So I've decided to see if I can separate my opinion blogs from my personal ones for more structure. So this is what has been going on with me so far this year (month).

I bought 9 concert tickets. I was planning on seeing the Cold War Kids in Dallas, but they cancelled the show so they could go do the first ever International Lollapalooza in Peru. I am slightly upset about that one. I bought a couple tickets to the Greenhornes in Dallas. That one is still on I believe. Now, the ones I am most excited about are the Kills' new tour following the release of their soon to be 4th album., "Blood Pressures." I am going to see them with my friend Sam in Dallas. Then, I am going to see them the next day in Austin, yes the next day, with Sam and my sister, who is about to like the Kills. I haven't been to a concert in too long. Maybe 3 months?

Speaking of my sister and music, her husband just played on the Jay Leno last friday in his band Hayes Carll. What? You missed it? Well with the magic of technology you can watch it here! (NOW.)

So they were pretty much amazing, so you should go buy their music.

So school is in full swing now. My schedule is final and looks like this:

The schedule includes Texas history, Nutrition Intro, Sociology Intro, Intro to Pols Research Method, and Sports Management (not on schedule).

Texas history has been interesting. The first day we learned that we didn't have the renowned easy professor that everyone had signed up for. Instead, we had a mom of four who appeared to hate Texas.
"The Alamo is one of the least important events in Texas history; we probably won't talk about it."
"Dallas is a pip squeak of a city; it wouldn't have survived if not for Ft. Worth."

My Pols teacher is an ex-Israeli Special Forces. He has fought in five wars. He has a really cool perspective on life and a great sense of humor. That is going to be one of my favorite professors. 

I needed to fill a spot in my schedule so I signed up for Sports Management. We meet 3 times this semester to take quizzes; everything else is online. 

So I started working out again these past couple of weeks. Sam has started training for a half-marathon so I went running with him. We ran around campus approximately 3.5 miles. I did alright, but my feet hurt for 3 days after that. Because of my schedule, I have lots of time to work out and hopefully study.

This week in Graphs...

Random Stumble....




1 comment: